Welford Correctional Facility
77 Hampton Way
New Cityland, CA 91010
RE: Development Officer, Ref# 8547472, 08/05/2014
Dear Ms. Simpson,
I am pleased to submit my resume for consideration for the available Development Officer position with your institution. Given my background in planning and implementing of strategies to develop financial support for correctional organizations, I feel I am in a great position to make a positive impact with Welford Correctional Facility. My strengths as a candidate are best measured in relation to the skills and talents I have gained throughout my career, such as:
- An 8+ year history of hands-on experiences as a Development Officer or the City of New Cityland Prison and the Orange County Correctional Facility
- Expertise including the nature and dimensions of philanthropy, ethics, motivations for giving and volunteering, research and cultivation practices, standard fundraising techniques, gift processing, and financial reporting
- Demonstrated experience in managing and implementing comprehensive fund development programs, and a reputation for being a highly competent enabler of volunteers and staff
- The attached resume provides further detail about how my qualifications and background are a match for your institution’s needs in a Development Officer. I welcome the opportunity to further discuss how I can apply my strengths to the progress of Welford Correctional Facility.
I appreciate your taking the time to review my credentials and experience.
Director Of Development Cover Letter
Directors of Development work in the nonprofit field and are mainly responsible for fundraising activities. Examples of Director of Development duties include cultivating donors, coordinating development staff and contractors, writing grant proposals, liaising with grant-awarding organizations, participating in community events, running outreach activities, reporting to the board, developing annual fundraising plans, maintaining close relationships with major donors, and organizing fundraising events.
Those looking to work as Directors of Development should mention the following skills in their cover letters:
- Nonprofit sector experience
- A genuine interest in the organization’s cause
- Stamina and perseverance
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Computer competences
- Managerial skills
- Attention to details
- Tact and diplomacy
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter highlighting similar Director of Development abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Director Of Development Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Trammell:
When I learned of your search for a seasoned Director Of Development to join your team at CareWorks Seattle, I felt compelled to submit my resume outlining my experience and credentials for your review. With my extensive experience in managing development, operations, and growth for non-profit organizations—as well as my expertise in overseeing budgets and marketing responsibilities—I feel confident in my ability to significantly benefit your organization.
From formulating development plans and liaising with donors to preparing annual budgets and implementing PR strategies, my background has consistently been characterized by my steadfast dedication to managing fiscal responsibility and achieving organizational growth objectives. My proven ability to meet—or exceed—program goals, along with my persuasive communication and networking talents, position me ready to dynamically impact CareWorks Seattle in this role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Spearheading development and growth for Treehouse International and the Discovery Park Foundation in consecutive leadership roles with these reputable non-profits; generating 79% of DPF’s operating budget from public and private entities to safeguard its financial viability.
- Composing more than 50 annual grant proposals for funding support requests for delivery to government agencies, community organizations, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Orchestrating a DPF awareness campaign on Earth Day in 2012 involving more than 40 staff and volunteers across the city; raised nearly $12K in just 8 hours.
- Identifying, pursuing, and acquiring monetary gifts from more than 65 new foundation, business, and individual donors at Treehouse International.
- Promoting non-profits in corporate settings and at marketing/charity events, educating listeners on organizational missions, services provided, populations served, and volunteer opportunities to solicit program sponsorship and donations.
- Writing and editing newsletters, reports, annual giving appeals, and letters of introduction to current and prospective donors.
- Communicating regularly with organizational Boards of Directors to deliver ongoing progress/status updates.
- Overseeing financial management systems, budget development / adherence, and fiscal reporting to ensure compliance with program budgets and regulatory guidelines.
With my record of success in non-profit development management, coupled with my leadership and analytical skills, I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role and make a positive impact on CareWorks Seattle. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Alice B. Stark